Bangladesh Ethnobotany Online Database is created and designed by Dr. Shaikh Bokhtear Uddin, Associate Professor, Ethnobotany Laboratory, Department of Botany, Chittagong University, Chittagong 4331, Bangladesh. He is responsible for quality and integrity and maintenance of the database.
Dr. Shaikh Bokhtear Uddin, Associate Professor, Ethnobotany Laboratory, Department of Botany, Chittagong University, Chittagong 4331, Bangladesh.
Objectives of the Database:
- Popularize Ethnobotany and to create awareness about the importance of ethnobotanical information.
- To conserve the traditional botanical knowledge of the indigenous communities of Bangladesh.
- Provide information about the indigenous people and their plant knowledge.
- To provide tools for the search of new drugs for the researchers.
- Search for new and premising germplasms.
- Search for new agricultural products to mitigate the need for changing environment due to climate change.
- Search for industrial products.
- A suitable tool for identify the plant species of Bangladesh with their native uses.
- To create opportunity for students and researchers in the field of Plant Taxonomy, Plant Science, Zoology, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Phytochemistry, Biochemistry, Medicine, Anthropology, History and related fields.
- To conserve the language and culture of the native communities.